LES SKETCHES

Welcome to my ideas blog. Hope you enjoy it <3

Monday 10 March 2008

The Magic of Graphics Tablet

Why is a graphics tablet required?
I don’t want to write a small formal entry on the benefits of using a graphics tablet, instead, I’ll show it.

Obviously, I’ve spent more time drawing the Wacom Maui, but I can’t draw more than 5 strokes with the mouse at once because my wrist, thumb and finger hurt. In the end though, doesn’t matter how much time I spend trying to draw with the mouse, it will never look as good as a tablet drawing.

But it’s not just a question of pain on my hand or even lack of skill, it’s time as well. Because the mouse has no pressure, to change the thickness of the stroke you have to change brush sizes. That on it’s own, is enough for me to put the mouse in the bin. Look the difference in the image below.


There is also the limitation of hand movement when you have to click and drag that huge thing as opposed to the normal movements you can do using the pen of your tablet.

I started using an A5 Trust tablet, at back then it was good enough. I was happy I could colour my drawings in a more precise way. Yet, after a year, Trust wasn’t good enough. The resolution and precision were not satisfactory anymore and I couldn’t get things done the way I wanted them. So, I change to an A4 Wacom Intous3. The difference was crazy! The strokes were smooth, the pen was light, it has a rubber tool on the back so you don’t even need to change the tool in the interface of the software… usually Photoshop CS2 or OpenCanvas 4+ for me.

I know there are people who can actually draw well with a mouse… they should get an Oscar and a certificate of madness! Lol

Some might say though, that the fact that tables don’t work with all softwares is a disadvantage. To me, any relevant software that is not compatible with a graphics tablet is the one that has disadvantages and should be updated.

... when i finish university and get a proper job... i'm so getting one of these X3

>O< I love Wacom <3

No comments: