LES SKETCHES

Welcome to my ideas blog. Hope you enjoy it <3

Sunday 9 March 2008

ToonBoom Studio or Flash MX?

The perfect software would be ToonBoom Exposure Sheet on Flash’s interface instead of the timeline. I could never get used to the timeline on Flash when we used in the first year of this course and for that reason ToonBoom is still the software I go to if I have to do an animation. It seems much easier to add layers and frames.

ToonBoon also have the lip-synch option, which is very handy and can speed up the process and it’s very easy to synch sounds there too, but funnily enough, all the time saved on that side will be consumed somewhere else. The pens, brushes, colour palette, fonts are not at hand and they seem to lack functions that Flash has. It’s very easy to draw on Flash, it actually reminds be of Adobe Illustrator. All drawing tools you need are on your interface. They are easy to spot and understand, something that is not always clear on ToonBoom. Also my Wacom seems to love Flash and hate ToonBoom. Most of the time I can’t get the tablet to work as precise as it should and pressure strokes are not constant.

I think ToonBoom is more straightforward and easier to use, but Flash seems like a better software overall.

No comments: